Monday 25 August 2014

British Museum - goodies for The Collector's room-box

I found some little treasures at the British Museum last year.  I want to make a large-ish room-box based on the type of room that the BM was itself based on ie a gentleman-collector's room full of curiosities.  I thought some or all of these little things would make the core of a suitable collection.

These are Roman style perfume bottles, hand blown in Turkey.

These are miniatures of Roman amphorae, hand potted in Italy.


And these are self-explanatory.  I am hoping to make the kind of room-box I see on various sites, with rich furnishings, and shelving like I saw at the BM, tall floor to ceiling shelves and display cabinets, with the metal figures at the top of the shelves, or maybe on tall columns around the room, and drawers with hidden goodies in them.



No comments:

Post a Comment