Monday 18 August 2014

Topiary tree in a pot

At my club, NSM, we are encouraged to give our own workshops, and I started simply, with an easy but effective 1/12th scale topiary.  I wanted some for the front deck (porch) of my kiwiana villa, and thought they couldnt be too hard!  The main problem is getting the green scattery stuff, it was hard to find in NZ.  I need more, if I am to give the workshop again.  Anyway, here it is.  In the end, I found teeny-weeny terracotta plant pots the same size as this blue one, at the local garden nursery.  They were perfect, once I had spent a week getting the label glue off them...

Polystyrene balls, stuck onto wooden skewers, and painted with tacky glue with green paint mixed in.  Covered with the mixed green railway-type scatter stuff, and left to dry.  Then threaded onto a skewer that is painted brown, and then stuck into the pot, with dabs of glue to hold everything in place.  Abracadabra!

No comments:

Post a Comment