Monday 18 August 2014

Quick and dirty planters

A very undemanding plant inna pot. The pot came from Amsterdam, from a weird shop that sold odd things, including liquorice root, bundles of herbs, a strange selection of pots and buckets and too many things to mention, but nothing that suggested a theme.  Amongst all the oddities was a bundle of little wooden kitchen implements, this little tub was one of them.  I wish I'd bought more of them.  I dismantled a sprig of plastic plant from the $2 shop, and the red bits are from a plastic aquarium plant, and a dollop of glue in a toothpaste tube top, which was wedged into the little wooden tub, and then the plastic greenery pressed into the glue.  They are not anatomically correct, so to speak, but I then did a whole lot of them into tiny terracotta pots, smaller than this tub, and they look nice on the verandah of the kiwiana villa.  Picture coming soon.  Sometime.  I promise.
Oh yes, one of the things in the shop was a musical Christmas tree ornament, that springs open to show a tiny train-set going round and round.  Like I said, weird selection...

No comments:

Post a Comment