Saturday 17 November 2012

1/12th scale globes

A project taken from The Dolls' House Magazine issue 86, July 2005.  Heaven and Earth, by John Cutts.  Made from a coat button, a ping-pong ball, some broken earrings, matchsticks, glue, wire and paint.  It looked simple, and effective, and so it turned out.  I am very pleased with the result!  Now, I just need to make the attic for it to be in.  I see a gentleman, in his attic, using the telescope to observe the stars, through the skylight, and having his brandy close by, together with his pipe and tobacco jar, on the small table beside his armchair.  He will have bookshelves, and a footstool, and maps on the wall, also star-charts, and anything else I can think of to clutter the place up.  The telescope is also a project by John Cutts, in the same magazine issue.  I shall do that next.

5 comments:

  1. Nice job! I would never have guessed that was a ping pong ball! I love your idea of a gentleman's astronomy retreat in the attic too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic!
    Were the 'maps' printies from the magazine?
    What a great attic scene you have described!
    Your blog is off to a great start.

    Cindy in San Diego

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy, thankyou for your kind words! Yes, the maps were printies included in the article. I can send you a copy if you'd like.

      Valmai

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your fine new blog.
    Keep up the good work and the good postings

    nice clever job on the globe!

    It will be fun to see more of your creative reuse of materials.

    Karin Corbin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your globes! If you have not listed the "ingredients" you used, I would have guessed they were purchased from a mini shop!

    ReplyDelete